Report A Concern

If you have a need for a response involving a public safety issue requiring Police, Fire, or ambulance, immediately call 9-1-1. Use that emergency number for events like a water main break or a sink hole.  

Click on the tabs below to find the correct city department to report your concern.

  1. Streets
  2. Parks
  3. Public Safety
  4. Utilities & Water
  5. Code Enforcement
  6. General


Most streetlights in Rosemount are maintained by the electric utility that serves the location of the light. Please view the streetlight map to determine the owner, then report the outages directly to the proper utility via the online forms linked below. If the streetlight is private (as indicated on the map), please contact your homeowner's association.


Submit location of pothole to our Public Works Department. 

Pipe in My Driveway/Front Yard Needs to be Lowered

Submit your address and a staff member from Public Works will be out to lower it. 

Hydrant Flushing

All hydrants are flushed in the spring to ensure that  water lines are working properly, and to remove iron deposits from the lines. Hydrant flushing occurs after the first street sweeping operation in order to minimize the amount of winter salt and sand that is washed into the storm sewer system. It is normal to notice a temporary decrease in water pressure and discoloration during flushing. This can be cleared up by turning on all the cold water faucets (including bath and shower) at the same time and letting them run for a few minutes to clear the lines. Discolored water is perfectly safe for consumption and bathing. You should avoid doing laundry during this time. If you have a load in the wash, do NOT put it in the dryer. You should rewash the items as soon as possible after the water is clear. 

Snowplowing Damage

The City will repair sod and mailboxes that have been damaged by direct impact with a snowplow. The City is not responsible for damage to mailboxes that are knocked over by snow rolling off the plow, damage to improperly-installed mailboxes, or damage to sprinkler heads or landscaping installed in the right-of-way. 

How do I report a location for City staff to review signage concerns?

The City of Rosemount has a Traffic Safety Review Committee, which consists of members from Public Works, Engineering, and our Police Department. The committee meets monthly to review residents' traffic and pedestrian safety concerns. Additional information about signs and pavement markings can be found on our Public Works page. Submit the location of your concern to Public Works and include a brief reasoning for the additional signage or other requested changes.  Once the concern has been reviewed, staff will send a letter to the resident with the committee's decision.

Report a Spill

Liquid and solid waste materials left on the ground pose a potential hazard to human health and safety and water resources. Report a spill via email to Public Works or call 651-322-2022 weekdays from 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. For spills that occur after hours, call 9-1-1 for emergency items or Dakota County Dispatch at 952-322-2323 for non-emergencies.  

Feel free to email us at: 

We encourage you to email so we can make sure that your concerns are directed to the proper staff. 

We will respond within 1-2 business days.