Serve Your Community
The City of Rosemount is currently accepting applications for the position of Police Reserve Officer. The Reserve Unit is a contingent of men and women who range in age from their early 20s to retirement age and who serve their community in a uniformed capacity. If you are looking for a rewarding way to serve Rosemount, we encourage you to consider joining the Reserves. If you have any questions, you may contact the Department at (651) 423-4491.
To apply, click here: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/rosemountmn. Position(s) are open until filled. EOE
Reserve candidates must meet the following minimum qualifications:
- 21 years of age
- Have a high school diploma
- Possess a valid Minnesota Driver’s License (Class D or greater) with a good driving record for the past five years
- Must be a Citizen of the United States
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
- Rosemount resident (preferred), must live in Dakota County
- Must pass an oral interview
- Be in good physical health
This volunteer position provides support services for the Police Department. Reserve Police Officers are not Peace Officers by statute and do not share the same authority as Peace Officers. Reserves assist Rosemount's regular sworn Police Officers in maintaining a high level of community service. In addition to other responsibilities, the Reserves assist in traffic control, event security (such as Leprechaun Days, high school functions, etc.), general City and park patrolling, and often help motorists and the public who need assistance.
Reserves are provided excellent training in First Aid, Use of Force, and other law enforcement related matters, are provided uniforms, and have ongoing opportunities to improve and upgrade their knowledge and skills.
Time Commitment / Obligation
- Commit to a minimum of 10 hours of volunteer work each month
- Attend monthly 2-hour trainings / meetings
- Two-year commitment to the Reserve Unit Preferred