Whether you like to bicycle for short trips to a local destination, head out on a short (or long) recreational ride or commute to your job, Rosemount is a great place for bicycling. The City’s Bicycle Facilities Map shows designated bike routes, bike parking and popular destinations throughout the community. Many of these destinations are the same places we go everyday (the movies, library, schools, downtown or the grocery store) and are within 3 miles or less than 15 minutes by bike. The Rosemount Cycling Club offers numerous recreational routes within town, the surrounding county and beyond. Below are links to maps, smartphone apps, and other resources to help make your bicycle trip safer, more convenient, and more enjoyable. Overall, Rosemount offers more than 34 miles of off-street trails, nearly 20 miles of on-road local, county, and state designated bike routes and 534 designated bike parking stalls.
- Rosemount Bicycle Facilities Map. Bicycle routes, parking and popular destinations throughout Rosemount (updated map attached).
- Dakota County Bicycle Routes. Bikeways, parks and recreational points of interest in Dakota County.
- Metropolitan Area Bicycle Routes. Bicycle routes within the nine metropolitan counties.
- Mississippi River Trail. This ten-state bicycle trail passes directly through Rosemount as it winds its way from Itasca State Park to the Gulf of Mexico.
- Minnesota State Bicycle Map. This map divides the state into ten regions and details trails, rest areas, road conditions and more.
- State of Minnesota Trails. An A-Z listing of Minnesota State Trails.
- Google Maps. The same great door-to-door directions you use in your car are now available for walking and bicycling.
- Map My Ride. Map your routes and track your activities from your computer or mobile device.
- Cyclopath. Find routes that match the way you ride and share your cycling knowledge with the community.
- Profiles of Local Bicyclists. Rosemont residents who make bicycling part of their active lifestyle.
- Tips for the beginner bicyclist, riding in the Rain and Snow or at Night.
- Bike Commuting Advice. Tips from an Edina professional who bikes to his job in Minneapolis.
- Bicycle Maintenance Video. How-to videos for common bike repairs.
- Rosemount Cycling Club. Your local cycling club.
- Mountain Biking at Lebanon Hills Regional Park. Access miles of rolling, wooded, single-track mountain bike trails in your own backyard.
- Rosemount High School’s Mountain Bike Team. The Independent School District 196 Mountain Bike team is open to both Girls and Boys in grades 9-12.
- AAA Bicycle Safety. Tips on sharing the roadways and maintaining your bicycle from the American Automobile Association.
- Share the Road. Minnesota's bicycling rules of the road and informational videos.
- Pedal Minnesota. Bicycling maps, information, events and partners from across Minnesota.
- Minnesota Department of Transportation. Everything you need to bicycle within your neighborhood, around the state or commute to work.
- HaveFunBiking.org. Your news source for all things bicycling.
- Women on Bikes Saint Paul.